The Temptation of Lady Serena by Ella Quinn.

The Temptation of Lady Serena by Ella Quinn.

This is book 3 in The Marriage Game series.

Lady Serena Weir must go to London for her first Season. Her brother has finally returned home and has a new bride.  Having lived a quiet life in the Scottish Borderlands, Serena is a little out of her depth. Luckily, she has her aunt and cousin to guide her along.

Robert, Viscount Beaumont, is determined not to marry for love after a disastrous first love.  Unfortunately for him, he is captivated by Serena at first glance and she will only marry for love.

Knowing this, Robert compromises Serena forcing her to accept his suit. What he doesn't know is that their friends and family will side with Serena to get him to see the error of his ways.

Can Robert get Serena to marry him without his love or will Serena convience Robert that what he feels for is love?

I had such high hopes for this story! I'd gotten to know Robert in the other two stories in the series and was looking forward to seeing him have his HEA. Unfortunately, the writing was awful.  It was so hard for me to get through this novel.  I mentioned in my review of The Secret Life of Anna Marsh that some of the writing was off and hoped that with each novel it would improve.  Unfortunately, with each novel the writing seems to be regressing.  I will say that the writing in the second half of the book did get better, but I had to keep pushing myself to get through the first half.

Having said all that, I did enjoy the story line. Quinn added a bit of a mystery to the novel as well as a second love story. We were also able to visit the characters from the previous two books and have a peek into their lives. As hard as it was for me to get through is book, I do look forward to the next story in the series. There is a preview at the end of the book to wet your appetite. 


You can get this book at Amazon and Barnes & Noble.

Thanks go to NetGalley and eKensington for a copy of the book in exchange of an honest review.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment