Captured by a Pirate Lord by Amy Jarecki

Captured by a Pirate Lord by Amy Jarecki.

This is book one in the Highland Force series.

Lady Anne is on the way to meet her husband (whom she wed by proxy and has never met) when the ship carrying her is attacked by pirates.  Laird Calum MacLeod has attacked the ship to get much needed supplies to feed his starving clansmen. He never imagined that he would find a well-born English lady on board.

With no other choice to make, Calum takes Anne back with him to the isle of Raasay where she will stay until her husband ransoms her.  As they spend more and more time together, they realize their growing attraction for the other is mutual. But as Anne is married to Calum's enemy, they can do nothing about it.  Anne must honor her vows even as the disgust for her husband increases with each tale of his misdeeds.

Anne's husband has finally agreed to the ransom terms. They must come up with a plan to get her back to him without Calum being caught for kidnapping. Will they both find the happiness they deserve?

I really enjoyed this novel.  Being on a ship is one of my favorite settings as the characters are in such a confined space they have to interact with each other!  I love when the hero is a very dominant male, but is not afraid to show his softer side. Calum is one such man and I fell in love with him! 

Jarecki did a wonderful job of keeping me intrigued with the storyline which included many plot twists. She did an outstanding job of pulling my heartstrings throughout the story. I was laughing and crying throughout.One aspect that will always keep me coming back to an author is one that has me falling in love with not just the h/h of the story but the secondary characters as well.  Jareck sure pulled me into this little bunch of characters. I can't wait for the next book in the series, The Highland Henchman, which features Bran whom was Anne's chaperone throughout most of the story.

Jarecki did an outstanding job of pulling my heartstrings throughout the story. I was laughing and crying throughout. She definitely has a new fan in me!


You can get is book from Amazon and Barnes & Noble.
Thanks go to NetGalley and Rapture Books for a copy of the book in exchange of an honest review.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment