Much Ado About Jack by Christy English

Much Ado About Jack by Christy English.

This is book 3 in the Shakespeare in Love series.

Angelique Beauchamp, the widowed Countess of Devereaux, is determined that she will never again give her heart away or give up her freedom. Her deceased husband and former lover broke her heart and she is determined never to put herself in that position again. 

Captain James Montgomery is looking for a ship to purchase and is directed to the one owned by Angelique. Unfortunately for James, Angelique is not selling her ship. Since he couldn't get her ship, he turns his attention to getting her!

Angelique is determined that any affair they engage in, will be very brief.  James has other plans for their relationship. As he spends more time with Angelique, he is more or more determined to keep her in his life. Will Angelique open her heart to what could be the best thing to happen to her?

I really enjoyed this novel.  After reading book one in the series (How to Tame a Willful Wife), I was not sure I wanted to read a story about the "other" woman.  But in book 2 (Love on a Midsummer Night), we see more of Angelique and learn that she acted the way she did because she was heartbroken.  By the time I got to her story, I was ready for her to get the HEA that she deserved. 

I fell in love with James almost instantly.  I like when a hero sees what it is he wants and goes after it. There were times when he was a bit cocky, but I think you need a little bit of that to be the go getter type.  I also loved the way that Angelique stood up for herself and didn't always allow James to get what he wanted.  The banter between the two of them had me laughing out loud. They were the perfect match for each other.


You can find this book at Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Indiebound.
Thanks go out to NetGalley and Sourcebooks Casablanca for a copy of the book in exchange of an honest review.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment