The Duke's Quandary by Callie Hutton

Miss Penelope Clayton's guardian is forcing her to participate in the Season to find a husband. She would much rather stay at her country home to study the local plant life and continue her study of life science. In town, she is staying with the Duke of Manchester's family and being launched with one of the Duke's sisters.

Drake, the Duke of Manchester, is searching the marriage mart for the perfect wife and it is definitely not going to be the clumsy, bluestocking that is staying at his home.  But then why is she always on his mind and he can't seem to keep his hands and lips off of her.

Can Penelope change Drake's definition of a perfect wife?

I LOVED this story.  I loved that Penelope wasn't the perfect "Lady" and yet the Duke still fell in love with her. Drake was a knucklehead at times with what his vision of the perfect Duchess, but he totally redeemed himself with a spectacular ending!

I fell in love with Drake's family. His sisters and mother were the perfect secondary characters.  They had me wanting to see how their stories would end. I'm really hoping that each of Drake's sisters gets their own story. I have definitely found an author who will be filling my bookshelf.


You can get this book at Amazon and Barnes & Noble.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the lovely review, Amy. I'm glad you enjoyed the story. And yes, Abigail's story is next (October), Marion's after hers (December), then next year will be Sarah, Sybil and Mary. Two of those stories will be set in Scotland.

    ReplyDelete