A Dangerous Madness by Michelle Diener

A Dangerous Madness by Michelle Diener.

This is book 3 in the Regency London series.

The Duke of Wittaker has been asked to investigate the murder of the Prime Minister.  Donning his dissolute nobleman persona, he goes out to gather clues.  The information he gathers leads him to Phoebe Hillier.

Phoebe Hillier has no idea why the Duke of Wittaker is asking questions about her former fiancee, but she is not about to give him any answers until he answers some of her own questions. When she finds out that her former betrothed is involved in the plot to kill the Prime Minster, she teams up with Wittaker to try an solve the case.

When assassins try to kill Phoebe, Wittaker realizes that he has much more in mind for Phoebe than a working relationship.  Can they solve the murder and possibly find the love that each of them were unwittingly looking for?

I love when there is a good mystery weaved into a historical romance. It's even better when the events that occur are based on a real life event as this one was. 

Diener is a master at telling a tale. I was intrigued the whole time I was reading the story. With the number of plot twists that occurred, I never knew which way the story was going to go. If you are looking for a historical mystery/romance this is the book for you!!

This is the third book in the series. I didn't read the other two before reading this one and that was ok.  They previous H/H did show up in this story, but I didn't feel like I was missing anything having not read them.  Having said that, I will be reading the other two because I was so impressed with this one. 

Also note that this is more a mystery and doesn't have all the "bedroom" stuff that you will usually find in a historical romance.  I was not turned off by this in the least, I still felt that I got enough of romance story to satisfy my needs.


You can get this book at Amazon and Barnes & Noble.

Thanks go to Season Publishing via NetGalley for a copy of the book in exchange of an honest review.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment