Noble Destiny by Katie MacAlister

Charlotte Collins has come back to London after a disastrous first marriage. She has set her sights on Alasdair MacGregor as her second husband.  Having landed themselves in a compromising situation, they are quickly married.

Alasdair won't consumate the marriage until Charlotte is in love with him, so she sets her mind to do just that. Between Charlotte constantly getting her meaning of words wrong and Alasdair working on his steam engine there are plenty of antics to liven up this marriage. 

Can this turn into a marriage of love?

I really tried to like this book. I enjoyed the first one in the series, but this one was just horrible.  The storyline had potential, but the author blew it with annoying characters.

The heroine was a selfish snob and didn't take anyone or anything else into consideration. That combined with the fact that she was always misusing words was quite annoying. Add to that the long monologues from the butler and it was like pulling teeth to get me to finish the book.  

I know this is a re-issued book and maybe MacAlister's writing has gotten better, but at this point I don't think I will be picking up anymore of her books. I think there should have been some major re-write done before re-releasing this book and maybe the whole series.


You can get this book at Amazon and Barnes & Noble.

No comments:

Post a Comment