Not Quite a Wife by Mary Jo Putney

Not Quite a Wife by Mary Jo Putney

This is book 6 in the Lost Lords series.

Married when they were quite young, Laurel Herbert and James Kirkland separated and have been living their own lives for the past 10 years. That is until James is brought into Laurel's infirmary one day. Having been beat up and in the midst of a fever, James thinks he is dreaming of being intimate with his wife. That is until a month later Laurel informs James that she is pregnant.

Having lost his wife once, James will do anything in his power to get his wife back. They agree to at least be cordial to each other for the sake of the baby. Laurel moves to London to live with James for a month to see if they can make it work.

Can James convenience Laurel that their marriage is worth saving and make it a marriage in truth?

Let me start by saying that I haven't read the stories that come before this in the series. I had planned on doing so, but it just didn't happen.  There were a few parts in which I had wished that I had (it would have been easier to keep everyone straight), but even saying that I don't think it took away from my enjoyment of the story not having read them.

I really liked James. He wanted his marriage to work so badly, but when it didn't he thought that that was what he deserved.  I was heartbroken for him.  I thought that Laurel was a little too judgemental when she left him after a year of marriage, but then we wouldn't have a storyline would we?

This is definitely a series that I want to go back and read. The next book in the series is about Laurel's brother and it looks to be just as good!



You can get this book at the following retailers:  


Thanks go out to Kensington via Netgalley for a copy of the book in exchange of an honest review.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment