A Measure of Deceit by Jess Michaels

The Ladies Book of Pleasures has taken the ton by storm. Everyone wants to know who the author is, including Connor Sheridan, the publisher. He has spend several years writing the author and has fallen in love with her through their correspondence.

Now that Conner has decided to join the social scene, Lady Grace Hollis, Duchess of Jameswood is afraid that her secret will be revealed. She is the author of the scandalous book! Hoping to find out what Conner knows about her identity and to keep tabs on him, Grace proposes they start an affair.

What started as an attraction on paper, flares to life when they become lovers.  What happens when Conner get threatening letters to the anonymous author? Can he protect the woman that he loves?

I've anxiously awaited Grace's story since I read the first book in the series, A Matter of Sin. Michaels did not disappoint. While reading A Matter of Sin, I had a feeling that Grace was the author but I knew I would have to wait for her story to be told to find out if I was correct. The wait was maddening.  As with all of Michaels' series, she draws you into the lives of the characters and you don't want to let go. I wanted to read the next two books in the series immediately after the first!

I loved getting to show Grace better and learning what happened in her life to make her the closed off person that she is. I think her correspondence with Conner over the years, cracked that shell she used as protection. When they were finally person to person and in a relationship, he was able to break through to her. This allowed her to open up to him as well as to her best friends.

I'm sad to see this series end, but excited to see that Michaels has a new series, The Notorious Flynns, coming out soon. 


You can get this book at the following locations:



No comments:

Post a Comment