Married to a Perfect Stranger by Jane Ashford.

Having been wed just a short time before going on a two-year diplomatic mission, John Bexley is prepared to come home to the biddable, soft-spoken wife he left behind. What he comes home to is nothing that he has imagined.

In the two years that her husband has been gone, Mary Fleming has had to make a life for herself without him. This includes becoming the "master" of the house. Without her husband around, Mary has taken charge of her life and is no longer the woman that John married.

Can these two strangers reconcile what the other has become and make their marriage work?

It's nice to read a story about a married couple once in a while for a change of pace. Since the two were not married long before their separation and hardly knew each other before that, we are still able to see how their love grew as they get to know each other again.

I love that Mary has taken charge of her life and is not under the thumb of her parents as she was when she married John. She decided to make the marriage what she wanted it to be, instead of what society deemed as a good marriage. John did the same for himself. He was always the butt of jokes within his family and he wanted to prove that he was more than that.

Overall a very enjoyable read. I'll definitely be picking up more books by Ashford.


You can get this book at the following retailers:


1 comment:

  1. I have a feeling that things will not go smoothly at first between John and Mary after he returns to the "biddable" woman he married. I was a single mother for five years after the divorce from my first husband and before I met my present husband who has been my hero for 36 years now. I was a completely different person after being on my own and making important decisions for my family all by myself. I was not biddable at all. My first husband (a control freak) came back around after a couple of years of single-hood and wanted to know if we could get back together...and I almost laughed in his face. :-) This story ought to be quite interesting. Thanks for the post! jdh2690@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete