Do Not Forsake Me by Rosanne Bittner

It's been two years since Jake Harkner got out of prison and started being a U.S. Marshall. He knew that it would not be an easy life, but hoped that it wouldn't endanger the lives of his family. After a run-in with a particularly nasty family of outlaws, Jake must hunt them down. 

Right before he is to leave, Jake finds out that his beloved Miranda is sick. He wants to be there for her, but he has to go after the outlaws for he could risk going back to prison.
Jake soon learns that the outlaws are after his family to get back at him for killing several members of their family. Can he catch the outlaws before they destroy the only good thing to ever happen to him?

LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this!!! I grew to love Miranda and Jake while reading Outlaw Hearts and am so glad that Bittner continued their story (and there is going to be another one!!!) The kids are grown up and have families of their own making Miranda and Jake grandparents. But their passion is still red hot.

There are few characters that I would be able to read three full length novels about their lives without getting bored, but Jake and Miranda are definitely two people that I could keep reading about.  I can't wait to see how Bittner finishes off the series!! Although I'll be very sad to see it end...


You can get this book at the following retailers:


2 comments:

  1. oh I agree about this one!! I LOVED this one as well and I had forgotten how talented this author was until I read this a few weeks ago. I think I used up a whole box of tissues though, but its interesting to see how much both characters have grown and with their children and everything about this one was beyond memorable. I can't wait to see what she comes up for us in the third book. Have you read any of her other books?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I cried reading this too. I haven't had the pleasure of reading anything other then this series, but I really need to!

      Delete