Say You'll Love Me by Ally Broadfield

Say You'll Love Me by Ally Broadfield

Lady Abigail Hurst is excited to finally announce her betrothal to her childhood sweetheart. But when he ends up being the prime suspect in his mistress's murder, Abigail realizes that he is not the man that she thought he was. Turning to her best friend's brother for help, she hopes to learn if her fiance is innocent or not.

Edmund Townsend, the Marquess of Longcroft, prefers to work mathematical equations over attending society events. But when Abigail asks for his help, he can't turn her down. Thrust into society with Abigail at his side makes him reconsider his stance on marriage and possibly even love.

Can these two solve the murder and find their other half?

I really loved the first book that I read by Broadfield, How to Beguile a Duke. I was really looking forward to this one, but find that I'm a little disappointed with it. 
The writing was great as was the storyline. But I just didn't feel like the H/H were great characters. There was really nothing about them that stood out to me. For me to really enjoy a book, I need to love both leads. To me, Abigail and Edmund were just ok. I like a hero to be swoon worthy and he just wasn't.

I'm hopeful that Broadfield's next book is more like Beguile than her latest...


You can purchase this book at the following retailers:


Thanks go out to Entangled Publishing via NetGalley for a copy of the book in exchange of an honest review.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment