Sweetest Scoundrel by Elizabeth Hoyt

Sweetest Scoundrel by Elizabeth Hoyt

This is book 9 in the Maiden Lane series.

Eve Dinwoody is monitoring the financing of the reopening of Harte's Folly for her brother. When she meets the owner of the pleasure garden for the first time, she is less than impressed. She soon finds herself butting heads with the infuriating man and to her surprise, wildly attracted to him.

Asa Makepeace doesn't need another person to deal with while trying to re-open Harte's Folly, especially an interfering aristocratic woman. But the more time he spends with Eve, finds Asa trying to deny the attraction between the two of them.

Can this unlikely pair make a go of it?

I've not really like Asa throughout this series, so I was wondering how Hoyt would change my mind about him when his story came around because you've got to like the hero of the story!!  

She definitely made me see Asa in a different light than what was previously shown in the series. I ended up really liking him. I think his interactions with Eve brought out the true Asa that was hidden behind a hurt young man (not to get into too many details, don't want to ruin the story for you!). 

I loved Eve too. She was a generally a timid person, but when she butted heads with Asa I think that the real her truly came out. She had a job to do and wasn't going to let anyone or anything get in her way.

Of course, if you've read the previous stories in the series, you know that the opening of the pleasure gardens is not going to go smoothly…nothing about the project has. Which of course means many problems to solve along the way.

The next book in the series, Duke of Sin, is about Eve's brother the Duke of Montgomery. He is not really a very nice guy….Hoyt has a lot of work to do to convience me that he deserves his HEA, but I know I won't be disappointed!!! It comes out in May 2016.


You can purchase this book at the following retailers:


Thanks go out to Grand Central Publishing via NetGalley for a copy of the book in exchange of an honest review.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment