I Kissed a Rogue by Shana Galen

When the Duke of Lennox asks Sir Brook Derring to find his missing daughter, Brook plans to find the girl and then have nothing more to do with her.  The girl broke his heart when they were younger and he wants nothing to do with her. It is unfortunate that when he sees her again, he realizes that his attraction for her is just as strong as ever.

Lady Lillian-Anne Lennox has always tried to live up to her father's expectations. She knows that she use to be a brat and that she has no friends, but after the death of her mother, that all changed. Too bad that Brook can't seem to get over the hurt she inflected on him.

When they end up having to marry, Brook only agrees knowing that the king will see to an annulment. But what happens to Brook's attitude after spending a week in Lillian-Anne's company?

I've been waiting for Brook's story since I started this series. I've always found him to be an intriguing man. I will say that I didn't like Lillian-Anne very much. She was a still a spoiled brat even though she said that she had changed. It wasn't until almost the end of the book that I thought that she was worthy of getting Brook as her better half.

Even with that said, I did enjoy the story. With the added mystery of why Lillian-Anne was kidnapped, we have a very well rounded story.

I think this is the end of the Covent Garden Cubs series and I'm excited to see what Galen comes up with next!


You can find this book at the following retailers:


No comments:

Post a Comment